Friday, August 19, 2011

Having Some Fun

So I was hanging out with some friends the other night, and all of a sudden I remembered a silly walk that Dennis did a year ago. I decided to open TVpaint and tried to animate this amazing silly walk. It's pretty much straight ahead animated, which I like better than the well-organised 'pose-to-pose'. Normally you draw your keyposes first, then you inbetween it (pose to pose). With straight ahead animation, you just go with the flow, improvise, see where you'll end up.

Anyway, check out the result below. It's far from good and it's very rough 'n sketchy, but I had lots of fun, and that's what's important. I also realised that I've never used 'smear-frames' before, so I experimented with that as you'll see.

video


After this I felt the need to animate even more, because it's been so long since I've animated frame by frame. So I figured I should animate a so called 'take'.

Below is the result, and it's very rough and sketchy once again, but I had fun applying some cartoon-cliché's like his hair separating from his head and of course some squash and stretch. Anyways, check it out:

video

No comments: